The College Funding Estimator estimates the results of your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Financial Aid). The FAFSA is the application for federal, state and college-based financial aid. You'll complete and submit the FAFSA after January 1 of your senior year of high school - and every year that you're in college.
The College Funding Estimator asks the same questions, and uses the same calculation, as the FAFSA. The results will help you plan financially for college, understand the financial aid process, and determine if you qualify to apply for "need-based" scholarships. This tool is helpful for parents with sophomores, juniors and seniors as they prepare for college expenses.
- Most current federal tax return and W-2s
- Birth dates
- Dates parents were married, separated, divorced or widowed
- Value of checking/savings accounts and investments
- Value of business or investment farm
- Child support paid or received
- Workers compensation benefits
- Other untaxed income such as housing/food/living allowance for clergy
- Veteran's noneducation benefits